Granny's Pride

Monday, November 06, 2006

My new set of wheels

Well here is my new set of wheels. I rode it downtown on Saturday. Boy did I get a lot of stares as I rolled on down the streets. Now the snow has come and I guess I won't get to ride it again until next spring. Oh well something to look forward to. I'm going to put a basket on the back platform so that I can carry a bag or two of groceries. It's electric so costs next to nothing to use and goes about 25 km per hour and about 25 kms on a charge. Maybe it is what you guys need to get around Vancouver.



Well October was sure a busy month.

Herman took a trip to Tillamook Oregon to visit his sister. He stopped in Vancouver on the way to visit with Clay and Monty and family. He was gone for 10 days and I enjoyed my solitude at home.

Work has been going well although I would give most anything to be able to retire and stay home for a while (or even just work part time). I think if I ever get to be able to work part time, I may see if I can get on with the Commissionaires like Herman. I would really like to get out of retail.

My freezer kicked the bucket while Herman was in the states so I spent an afternoon hauling groceries to the garbage as most of it had thawed before I realized that it was kaput. We purchased a new one on Saturday and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home